How are you Mitigating your Company’s Risk?
Author: Cassandra Lattin
In California, Anti-harassment training must be complete.
Training must include all definitions under the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Acts. Training must be completed every two years as required by law. Employers with 50 or more employees are mandated to provide at least two hours of training for multiple types of harassment including sexual harassment.
Effective January 2018, California added to the training requirement the inclusion of:
- Gender Identity
- Gender Expression
- Sexual Orientation
The following employees must attend the training:
- Supervisors – every two years
- New Supervisors – within 6 months of promotion
- Anyone who hires, fires, disciplines, and/or directs the work of one or more employees.
The California law requires that employers with 50 or more employees receive mandatory training; however, with the recent headlines, you as an employer may want to train all employees if you have more than one (1).
If you are wanting to mitigate your risk for harassment, contact PEOple OneSource to see how we can help!!!
For more information, please contact us at:
or call us at (562)548-2371.
What People OneSource does for you:
- Payroll: We process your payroll, ensure that your employer taxes are paid timely, and handle year end necessities like W-2’s and 1099 reporting.
- Human Resources: We consult with you to find out what you need from your HR department, and implement it. From On Boarding to Employee Handbooks, we have everything you need to keep in compliant.
- Benefits Services: We administer your benefits. We handle your New Enrollee’s, Open Enrollment, COBRA, 401K, POP, Medicare and more.
- Training and Risk Management? We are the experts! Whether the mandated courses, such as Title VII Sexual Harassment, or classes to help your organization run more smoothly, we have solutions for your needs.
“Taking your Business to the Next Level”